Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Business as usual"

I love when you go to church and the pastor is talking about something that makes you really think hard about where your life is headed. On Easter Sunday, the pastor of the church I went to talked about "business as usual". This applies to a lot of people and it is crazy. What it means is when you go to church and tell God "I am going to change, I am going to read the bible every day and I am going to give up all my bad habits" and then Monday comes around and you continue on with business as usual. You go back to your busy, hectic life and forget all about the bible in the corner with dust on it's cover.

I find myself doing that a lot. I am trying though to make changes in myself little by little. It is hard. When you make a decision to change something about yourself, the devil is right in your face and trying his best to break you down. I fight with the devil constantly. When I am awaken by my nine month old in the middle of the night and I have no comprehension of what is actual and what isn't, the devil is right there to try and run my patience thin. I have to sit and look at myself and say "Hey, this beautiful baby boy is only trying to tell me something, breathe and cuddle with him, even if it means I will be flopped over on my desk at work tomorrow." Then you say to the devil - Hit the road jack, I won't run out of patience now or anywhere in the near future.

We actually just talked about how the devil constantly tries to break you down in my Thursdsay night group. Once you accept Christ into your life as your Savior, the devil is on you like flies on food. He pesters you and pesters you trying to get you to cave into his way of life. My sister had a good analogy. In order to keep your self from going back to "business as usual" you have to indulge yourself into the Living Word every single minute of the day. If you were to go without food for three days, would you be hungry? That's how it is if you go three days or four without indulging in the Word. Your hungry and weak and a good target for the devil.

Thank you Lord for coming to my rescue every single day. I would be lost without your unconditional love. I thank you for every blessing that you rain down on me and ask you for your continued love and security. Please protect my baby boy from all harm and danger and everyone else. I love you, in Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

daisy said...

Oh, I agree! It's so easy to think about making changes, but so hard to follow through with them on a day to day basis.

It calls for a commitment, and most important, as you said, a dependence on God for help! If the first words on your breath when you run into trouble are a whispered prayer, "Dear Jesus, help," it changes your focus from the problem to Him. And He will help you!

Speaking of putting things into action, I have found a place for my keys, and I have not lost them in two or three weeks! I've almost developed a habit. Hooray!

daisy said...

By the way, little mama, you've been nominated for a Nice Matters award. C'mon over and pick it up. I didn't link to you yet...I wanted to ask you first. Love you!